This exhibition looks at how our valley came into being and continues to be changed by nature.
Exhibition panels depict:
- The geology and geomorphology of the Valley
- Lead Mining
- Landslips – past & present
- Key ecological areas of the valley showing photos of typical species
- Key geological and landform features
- History of the reservoirs and relevant geology/landscape issues.
- Local floods, erosion and land slips
- Mining and quarrying on Hanging Moor
More of the information produced for this and other exhibitions is held in our Archive. Access is available to all through the Centre office.
Read more on the Archive.