It ran from February to April 2012. The Stone House Inn photo shows the landlord Jesse Peel who was the licensee for 54 years from 1868.
Hostelries now ‘lost’ were featured including the Smith’s Arms, the Besom Inn, Gate Inn, the Frankland Arms (featured at the top of the page), the New Inn, the Dresser’s Arms and more.
More of the information produced for this and other exhibitions is held in our Archive. Access is available to all through the Centre office. Read more on the Archive page. . .